Saturday, May 21, 2011

Movement

My life is always moving right now.  Almost literally.

We want to move to a new home.  We need to accomplish both buying and selling. 

I am nearing graduation.  I should be making more of an effort to look for a job once I have my degree.  I have no idea where I am going to go.

My children are nearly constantly moving.  I can barely keep up with watching where they go.

I feel as though I am running.  My thoughts keep racing.

I could use a moment to just stand still and breathe.  For the past year and a half of round two of graduate school life has been a whirlwind.  I wonder if there are too many days that have just passed by with moments that should have been cherished that I simply missed as I was caught up in my busy world.

And while I do simply want to stand and breathe, I want to make sure there is something to take in with the fresh air.  I am ready to embrace the chaos of little boyhood this summer.  I am so grateful to once again have days home with my boys.  I am simply looking forward to have a moment to talk with my neighbors, my husband, my children.  Graduate school was the first time I felt like someone was almost ordering me to focus on something other than my family.  I didn't appreciate that.  I didn't listen, but in certain ways I still needed to comply.  I feel like I am almost to the point of getting my life back.

Despite the constant movement and change I feel like I am finally starting to catch my breath.  I feel like I am moving with the current instead of against it.  My head is above the water and the air is sweet once again.

No comments:

Post a Comment