Sunday, January 30, 2011

Weekend wonderings: Girls

One reason for this blog was to keep track of things I will most likely forget.  Something came to my mind this week of a moment I want to remember.

It was summer.  Erick was three and the two of us were sitting in the inflatable pool together while Blake napped.  Always the conversationalist, Erick said, "Mommy, let's talk."

"Okay.  What do you want to talk about?"  (He's three, how deep could this be).

"Let's talk about girls."

Gulp.  Smile.  He's three.  Again how deep could this be.  "And what about girls do you want to talk about?"

"Let's talk about the girls at your work, Mommy."

"Okay."  I'm pretty sure I can handle this one.

I still doubt the conversations with my boys about girls will continue to be that open and that easy.  At least he knows he can talk to his mom about girls.

No comments:

Post a Comment